NIGEL MINOR - a 2½" gauge locomotive
by Martin Evans
- Frames 19_3/16" overall
- Coupled Wheels 2_7/16" diameter
- Two outside Cylinders 13/16" bore x 1_1/8" stroke
- Slide valves operated by outside Walschaerts gear
- Boiler barrel 3" o.d. round top type
Unfortunately, drawings for this design no longer seem to be available from commercial
sources but The Association do have copies in their archives
- sheet 1 : Engine general arrangement, frame details, etc.
- sheet 2 : Motion plan, cylinder details, axles, wheels, pony truck arrangement
- sheet 3 : Connecting and coupling rods, valve linkages, Boiler general
- sheet 4 : Boiler details, arrangement of reversing gear, lubricator, etc.
- sheet 5 : Cab layout, superheater, saddle, grate.
- sheet 6 : Chimney, dome, smokebox door, tender general arrangements and
- Coupled & Driving Wheels
- Pony Truck Wheels
- Tender Wheels
- Cylinders, Steam Chests, etc.
Note : all castings required are available from the Association.
Construction Articles Reprint
A complete set of the articles that appeared in The Model Engineer (15th April
to 16th December 1988) is available to members from the Association.
A boiler kit is available from Blackgates Engineering.
The Association has run out of stock of LNER transfers, but some are still available
from Maidstone Engineering.
This page was last changed on 06/05/2016